Why is This a Great Opportunity?
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team and contribute to the financial integrity and efficiency of our organization. The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in reviewing departmental spending, preparing and reviewing estimates, accruals, and deferrals, analyzing financial data, and ensuring compliance with tax regulations. This role requires meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with various departments.
· Review departmental spending reports prepared by Financial/Staff Accountants for reasonableness and follow up with individual department heads on areas of concern.
· Prepare, record, and review estimates, accruals, and deferrals on monthly operational costs.
· Analyze and record a variety of data for all companies within the organization.
· Review financial statements for accuracy and prepare analysis as needed.
· Review journal entries to ensure accuracy and proper audit trails.
· Review other financial reports and work papers as requested.
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of tax rules and utilize tax research software effectively.
· Prepare and analyze assigned schedules.
· Prepare and review Annual Audit work papers for year-end audits.
· Prepare and review Annual Tax work papers for submission to outside tax accountants.
· Assist in reviewing Budget Schedules and provide support in reviewing returned documents from other departments.
· Assist in managing MIS projects and efficiency review projects in the department, including Corporate Goals.
· Provide training and support to staff and financial accountants on tasks as needed.
· Assist Accounting Manager or other management in assigned projects and tasks, including departmental goals.
· Review projects completed by staff and financial accountants.
· Cross-train with other positions as directed or necessary.
· Ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of monthly and quarterly cut-offs, and assist in the preparation of financial statements, journal entries, and related support/analysis.
· Prepare, review, and submit sales/use tax returns.
· Prepare analysis schedules as required.
· Participate in the preparation and analysis of the annual budget, audit, tax preparation, and other assigned projects.
· Achieve completion of goals assigned in previous year’s performance review.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in accounting or finance.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Word.
· Experience with tax research software is advantageous.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities effectively.