Accounting Career Consultants
Tax Supervisor St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20189
The Tax supervisor is responsible for the preparation of federal and state income tax returns for the Company.
This position will research tax laws and determine specific payment amounts so the most accurate information is applied to the returns.
Will examine tax accounts and records to determine how much tax the
Company owes by researching federal laws, regulations and tax rates.
This position will prepare and review quarterly and year-end tax provisions.
Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties.
This position requires a high degree of confidentiality in all aspects of its nature.
1. Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
2. Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences.
3. Perform year-end and quarterly accrual review and preparation of the tax provision.
4. Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
5. May prepare personal property tax returns.
6. Prepare/review other various tax filings, annual reports, intangible tax, Sales and Use tax.
7. Research projects.
8. Assist in federal and state audits.
9. Maintain the Company’s tax preparation system.
10. Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
11. Provide an information source in the tax area within the Company.
12. Oversee tax accountants and tax projects as they arise.
13. Assist in financial planning and analysis.
14. Synthesize complex and diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures.
15. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use even when dealing with emotional topics.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Public accounting and industry experience required.
- Two years of experience working in the tax department.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Advanced computer literacy; ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Capability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and tax software
Licenses or Certification (Required/Preferred):
Limited supervisory responsibilities
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7908 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org