Accounting Career Consultants
Tax Manager or Senior Manager – High Partnership Potential St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-19961
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Opportunity to join one of the largest 20 CPA firms in St. Louis with a high potential for future partnership. We have actually placed two of their six current shareholders who both came in as Tax Managers and were promoted to Partners within a few years of joining the firm. If you are looking for a high potential tax partnership opportunity with one of the most respected CPA firms in St. Louis, apply now for confidential consideration.
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely review and preparation of all client tax returns including individual, partnership and corporate tax returns and consolidated and multi-state returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well- developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required.
- Perform technical tax reviews of all tax returns.
- Assume full responsibility of tax accounts assigned. This includes being responsible for compliance with due dates and monitoring time budgets.
- Begin and complete tax research projects, including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise, understandable written form.
- Act as a resource for tax preparers and audit staff on specific tax issues and/or questions. Delegates work to tax staff, senior tax accountants and supervises their work. Trains and supervises staff; reviews and evaluates their work.
- Assume tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns. Assume client service responsibility for clients.
- Prepare tax accruals and footnote disclosure for review and audit engagements.
- Manage time effectively. This includes the ability to manage multiple engagements at one time and meet deadlines.
- Manage staff, including their time and monitor workflow to maintain efficiency.
- Maintain knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate. Possess a solid understanding of tax laws in a wide range of areas and an understanding of the inter-relationships and the impact those have on clients.
- Possess strong computer skills, including the ability to work with our Tax Software.
- Development of staff and related performance evaluations.
- Engages in Practice Development Activities. Recognize opportunities to expand or offer additional services to existing clients.
- Demonstrates the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Identify specific tax strategies for tax planning purposes . Applies complex tax concepts to the preparation and review of tax returns (either business, S Corp, C Corp, Individual, Gift Tax or Trusts) including analyzing information and complex calculation of book/tax differences.
- Represents clients before the IRS.
- Skilled in organizing people, projects, deadlines and work appropriately, taking the time to structure and organize the project for the team including planning and wrap up meetings. Assumes the responsibility for the smooth flow of tax returns and continues improvement efforts.
- Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Exhibits values, ethics, integrity and trust that are in sync with those of the firm and profession.
- May have billing responsibility including discussing fees with clients.
- Establishes good working relationships with all partners and staff members.
- Writes articles and makes presentations to internal staff and external customers and prospects.
- Responsible for establishing engagement letters and all related compliance framework.
- Leads tax software and technology process development and enhancements.
- Recruits and hires tax department staff and other staff as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related course study.
- CPA Certification. 5+ years of recent tax experience in public accounting or relevant experience.
- Experience motivating, leading, coaching and developing staff
- Ability to organize work effectively and meet deadlines’ o Current and extensive working knowledge of tax law.
- Research proficiency.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7901 | Email: email@example.com