Accounting Career Consultants
Staff Accountant St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23025
The Staff Accountant is an integral member of the Finance team and works cross functionally to meet operational goals. The Staff Accountant is a major contributor in the timeliness and accuracy of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
The position is responsible for managing the month end close process, preparing bank reconciliations, updating department reporting files and performing analytics while developing and implementing best practices.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Updates financial schedules monthly/quarterly/annually in a timely manner
- Prepares month end accruals, re-classes and recurring journal entries
- Closes and rolls the period forward in the accounting system every month
- Investigates monthly financial variances
- Performs bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and delivers them timely for review
- Manages the Firms monthly Fixed Assets and related depreciation schedules
- Prepares daily cash sheets and weekly cash forecasting schedules
- Conducts the monthly preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations for prepaid assets, misc. receivables and other accounts
- Researches monthly outstanding checks and works with the Accounts Payable team to ensure clean up
- Provides support to Auditors as well as outside reporting agencies
- Decision Making – Identifies issues and provides suggestions to day-to-day problems; prioritizes and effectively completes daily tasks
- Communication – Shares information by using data and information to support an argument or point of view; keeps team informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises; and understands the appropriate level of confidentiality required
- Leadership – Gives positive and constructive feedback to peers; trains new employees; finds solutions to a problem; works autonomously; and is motivated to anticipate future business needs
- Continuous Learning – Identifies self-training needs and opportunities; positively accepts changes
- Teamwork – Actively participates in the team and can provide feedback and solutions; listens and responds constructively to others’ concerns
- Alignment to Values – Strives to learn more and participate in diversity and inclusion efforts; understands and provides support
Required Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting
Preferred Education: Masters degree in Accounting and/or CPA certification
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: N/A
Required Experience: 2-5 years of Accounting/Finance experience; proficient in Microsoft Office with experience in Excel
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Physical Activity: The employee will be required to sit for prolonged periods and work on a computer.
Travel Required: N/A
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7916 | Email: email@example.com