Accounting Career Consultants
Sr. Internal Auditor St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20387
This position will be a key member of the Risk & Strategic Finance department, which includes Internal Audit, investigations, and various compliance activities as well as responsibility for vetting and facilitating acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
Senior Auditors will be charged with developing and executing internal audit programs, reports and methodologies, and executing the internal audit plan for the Company.
As a member of this the Risk & Strategic Finance team, the Senior Auditor may also be involved in projects related to policy development and compliance, investigations and other strategic initiatives.
Perform financial and operational reviews of processes and computer systems: Prepare risk-based audit scopes, workplans and programs. Confirm physical existence of and security over Company assets, verify accuracy of accounting records and reports, review and assess the adequacy of manual and automated systems of control.
Determine the extent of compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Company policies.
Analyze processes and identify and communicate specific, achievable action plans that consider relevant risks, priorities and available resources.
Discuss and develop findings and action plans in a tactful and constructive manner.
Maintain professional standards in all work performed.
Support continuous development and maintenance of a value-adding internal audit function.
Assist in development and maintenance of audit programs, tools and methodologies.
Build and maintain a partnership relationship with management to support development and maintenance of cost-effective, efficient systems of internal control.
Assist with or perform special projects (i.e., due diligence, integration, investigations, consulting on development of processes and procedures) as needed.
- BSBA in Accounting or Finance CPA, CIA and/or CISA desirable
- Minimum 4 years audit experience, internal and/or external audit.
- The ideal candidate will have Big 4/large firm and internal audit experience.
- Strong knowledge of manual and automated systems of internal control in a manufacturing, operations focused environment.
- Familiarity with commodities-based industries a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Professional, tactful, diplomatic and convincing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, and assume either a lead or team member role, as assignments require.
- High energy, self-starter, possessing a hands-on work ethic, the ability to learn quickly, and the desire to continue to learn. Up to 25% domestic travel.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7916 | Email: email@example.com