Accounting Career Consultants
Sr Financial Specialist St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23658S
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare external regulatory filings with the SEC, FERC and State Public Service Commissions
- Prepare, review, analyze and interpret complex accounting, financial and statistical data
- Produce and review internal financial/operational reports Proactively and independently research, report and propose Company policy on financial and reporting matters, including monitoring the activities of financial and regulatory reporting and accounting standard setting agencies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance financial processes, procedures and controls.
- May review work prepared by contract employees.
- May prepare or assist with the preparation of executive-level presentations.
- Expected to perform core responsibilities and monitor risks given general direction.
- May prepare and deliver department presentations.
- Perform other special financial projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required.
- CPA also required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three or more years of accounting experience with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards and methods required.
- Required reporting experience (e.g. SEC and FERC) preferred.
* Salary based on successful candidate’s background and position’s market value.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify, analyze and research financial issues required.
- Strong oral communication and writing skills required.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills and ability to work independently required.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7915 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org