Accounting Career Consultants
Sr. Financial Analyst St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20116
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Lots of opportunity for advancement, great culture, flex hours, good work/life balance
This position requires significant financial analytical experience and demonstrated health care industry knowledge. Primary responsibilities include analyzing costs, preparing financial reports and providing recommendations to leadership for lines of business according to established policies, guidelines and methodologies. Prepare journal entries and analyses in conjunction with month end close process and meet monthly deadlines.
Depending on area supporting, duties may vary.
- Analyzes complex financial information and reports; provides accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Develops sophisticated financial models. Provides recommendations based upon evaluation of financial trends and forecasts.
- Evaluates and monitors the efficiency and performance of programs, ensuring program execution is on target.
- Manages dashboard reporting by tracking monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and expenses.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of operating infrastructure of Strategic Business Unit(s) (SBUs) operations to be able to proactively analyze and identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Regularly reviews historical operating results and proactively identifies and analyzes potential revenue enhancement and cost saving opportunities.
- Performs a variety of pro forma financial and operating analyses as requested to support proposals.
- Reviews and understands fluctuations across SBUs in delivering cost of care and variations in cost of care.
Differentiates impact of rate versus utilization variations.
- Supports SBUs by providing information, responding to questions and resolving complex problems and issues.
- If supporting Medicare Part D, will be responsible for implementing CMS requirements related direct and indirect plan remuneration, plan to plan reconciliation, monthly membership reports, coverage gap discount program, medical loss ratio reporting, fiscal soundness reporting, audit assistance and analysis of drug utilization and other costs trends.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors (Required)
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience.
- For roles supporting Medicare Part D: Medicare, PBM and/or managed care experience preferred.
- For roles supporting Medicare Part D: Working knowledge and experience with Medicare Part D finance and analytics preferred.
- For roles supporting Medicare Part D: Proficiency in MS Access, SQL or SAS preferred.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex data sets and frame it to actionable analysis.
- Understanding of the financial structure and business practices of the managed care industry OR federal acquisition regulations.
- Strong PC skills are essential, with advanced skills in Excel and Hyperion Essbase or other large enterprise financial software.
- Working knowledge of compliance requirements and accounting complexities of federal government contracting, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards) CAS.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7916 | Email: email@example.com