Accounting Career Consultants
Sr. Audit Analyst St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23678
Position Summary: This position will be involved in planning, coordinating, and leading risk-based operational, SOX, IT, and compliance audits as well as managing special projects and initiatives and audits, as necessary. Critical Thinking, Analysis and Decision Making, Teamwork, Influence, Collaboration, Initiative, Customer Focus, and Achieving Results.
The person in this role will need to have a solid understanding of accounting principles and be able to take complex information and synthesize it into an understandable format.
This role will be assisting the Manager and/or Director of Internal Audit in planning certain activities of the Internal Audit Department including, but not limited to:
(a) assist in preparing an annual SOX audit plan which fulfills the responsibility of the Department,
(b) scheduling and assigning work to meet completion dates,
(c) conducting risk assessments
(d) estimating resource needs,
(e) review and coaching.
- Perform planning activities for audit projects, based on an analysis of risk and objectives to ensure the audit is efficient and effective.
- Manage and review staff and offshore auditors’ work to ensure execution of the audit program is adequate and that high-quality documentation is retained to complete the audit timely, while adequately supporting the conclusions reached.
- Evaluate, document and analyze business processes and be able to provide recommendations for improvements to all levels of management.
- Identify potential control weaknesses, irregularities, discrepancies, and deviations from prescribed procedures, policies, and practices to help the Company improve performance and meet regulatory requirements.
- Review workpapers and work products and provide direction and guidance to audit team members.
- Aid in the performance and development of the Internal Audit team.
- Communicate to auditee and stakeholders the objectives and results of the audit in both written and verbal form. Provide internal control and business process guidance in an advisory manner.
- Participate in multiple audits/projects according to importance.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and think “on your feet” when priorities or situations change, and act accordingly.
- Adopt a hybrid approach to tasks and leverage offshore resources to ensure timely completion of work.
- Demonstrate the confidence and communication skills to work with and present information directly to high-level management within all functional areas of the organization.
- Develop continuous improvement of the SOX program, focusing on optimization and efficiency, including key controls, testing approach, coverage tools, etc.
Required Skills And Experience:
- Project management and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field 2 to 5 years of auditing experience or applicable business experience
- Sound knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, auditing theory and practice, accounting and finance, and general familiarity with information systems controls Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated initiative in learning new systems and processes
- Ability to remain flexible and multi-task in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of or leading a project team
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
Preferred Skills And Experience:
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA, CMA, etc.)
- Public accounting experience Prior consumer product industry experience and/or manufacturing experience
- Prior experience with data extraction/analysis in an SAP environment
- Multi-language skills particularly Spanish, Chinese, German, or Japanese
Working Relationships: This position reports administratively to the Audit Director but will take on various roles within the audit project team based on specific projects assigned.
Position requires travel from 10% to 30% including international
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7916 | Email: email@example.com