Accounting Career Consultants
Sr. Accountant St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23735
Responsible for proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Prepare and maintain complex financial statements and reports.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Prepares standard and non-standard income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements for management review and assists with the budget development.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
- Assists with coordinating activities of associates performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Nature and Scope Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results. Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the results expected.
- Determines and develops an approach to solutions.
- Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
- Contributes to employees’ professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline.
Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field; certification is required in some areas
OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
Certification is required in some areas.
Master’s Degree or CPA.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7908 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org