Accounting Career Consultants
Software Quality Engineering Director St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23012
Job Description Job Title: Software Quality Engineering Director
We are looking for a strong Engineering leader that can lead and build a talented SQA engineering organization responsible for the qualification of all aspects of our Diagnostics platform, from patient, to physician, to payor.
Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and the ideal candidate is someone that can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
You will work in a team of highly motivated engineers building a highly scalable diagnostics platform for our next generation diagnostics that leverage the power of stool-derived eukaryotic RNA (seRNA) to better prevent, detect, and guide treatment for gastrointestinal disease.
The Software Quality Engineering (QE) team uses test engineering and data analysis skills to drive product quality so that our customers can realize the full benefits of our platform.
In addition to testing the product, the QE team seeks to cultivate a quality culture that produces best in class product reliability, usability, and performance across all of our product development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage and build out the software quality engineering function and team.
Define and monitor quality metrics, quality methodology, quality reporting, test architecture, and best practices
Oversee all Software Quality Efforts, including Product Quality, Data Quality, and Infrastructure Quality
Develop test strategies and automated tests for our Diagnostics platform encompassing a full stack of technologies from cloud technologies, CRM systems, LIMS, Web APIs, database, networking, and distributed systems.
Establish and lead a quality obsessed, automation-first culture that believes quality is built in from the very beginning.
Develops test case strategies, budgets, and schedules for software development projects.
Establish milestones, anticipate issues, and monitor adherence to project scope, requirements, design documents, and schedules.
Support compliance with various regulations (e.g., FDA, IVDR, Privacy, Security)
Be a strong partner to the development, product and DevOps teams
Recognize gaps in product and process and drive initiatives to address them
Excellent communicator with strong executive presence
Possess ability to rapidly adapt planning and deliverables to the needs of the engineering and product organizations
Results oriented with a strong focus on quality and timely delivery of the projects
Will be responsible for the quality and performance testing of the product. Ability to manage a distributed/global team consisting of full-time engineers as well as contracting engineers
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience in software test engineering and automation.
- 8+ years of experience managing teams
- Broad knowledge and hands-on technical experience in test methodologies and automation development
- Experience testing systems in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) in a regulated environment
- Experience with and a strong believer in the value of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience working under design control in a regulated environment (FDA, IVDD, IVDR, HIPAA, GDPR)
- Successful track record in building and mentoring teams
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate software qualification activities to ensure that feature deliverables meet release deadlines.
- Take ownership and collaborate with cross-functional product management, development and quality assurance teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation, agility, and adaptability are highly prized.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7912 | Email: email@example.com