Accounting Career Consultants
Sales and Use Tax Saint Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-28627G
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Our client is a design company celebrating over 60 years in business! For three generations, we’ve remained family owned. All products are imagined, designed, and developed at our St. Louis, Missouri headquarters with many products made here in our U.S. factory.
Our mission is to bring products to life that make dreams come true. The finance team supports this mission by providing valuable services that transform strategy into reality.
- Cleanup and maintaining data in Vertex sales tax software
- Managing exemption certificates in Vertex
- Verifying filing and payment status by state (validating completeness of Vertex return filings and payment)
- Overall analysis of sales tax filing requirements by state
- Request vendor set up for new state accounts
Other corporate/franchise tax duties (could be add on)
- Liaison with external tax accounts to provide tax return support (external accountant files returns)
- Request and manage tax payment requests
- Ongoing review of NEXUS status by state and various state filing requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred, with 3 – 10 years of experience. CPA is preferred.
- Experience with Vertex Sales Tax Software (i.e. “O” Series) required
- Ability to scrutinize, clarify, and track processes to ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness.
- Ability to effectively express/ present ideas or information verbally and through writing skills
- Ability to learn/understand various “tax concepts” (multi-state, different state and other jurisdictions, etc.)
- Ability to perform tax research.
- Ability to consistently enter financial data/information into various systems (e.g., Vertex) accurately.
- Ability to work with other key persons/departments throughout the company, including Accounts Payable and Information Technology.
- Ability to work with the local jurisdictions (e.g., State, County, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use computer programs in Windows OS
- Practical knowledge of State & Federal income taxes and return prep/review a plus.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-924-9824 | Email: email@example.com