Accounting Career Consultants
Payroll Manager St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-22691
Be an integral part of a major, well-established St. Louis company.
The Payroll Manager oversees and is directly responsible for all matters involving the efficient operation of this crucial function. The position maintains a high level of visibility by providing significant support to upper management. Directs and oversees the payroll staff in the computation, preparation, and processing of hours, earnings, and commissions, including all deductions for taxes, insurance, etc. Ensures accurate and consistent maintenance of all timekeeping and payroll records as applicable and required for hourly, salaried, and commission employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages, directs, and oversees the work department staff to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, policies, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Reviews records and reports pertaining to payroll activities to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate performance.
- Evaluates employees’ job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action. Discusses job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Trains and instructs employees in job duties and company policies or arranges for training to be provided.
- Manages integration of newly acquired associates.
- Collaborates on payroll system enhancements and upgrades.
- Enhanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as knowledge of payroll processing, financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Advanced knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, and DOL Wage and Hour regulations and how they affect payroll processing and accounting practices.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of Payroll experience
Comprehensive benefit package
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7915 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org