Accounting Career Consultants
Payroll and AP Coordinator St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20159
Job Reference: JOB-20066
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coordinator, Payroll and Accounts Payable position is responsible for maintaining all pay records, and processing bi-weekly payrolls as well as the maintenance of the daily accounts payable entries, processing of checks and reconciling the monthly accounts payable detail to the general ledger. ADP and full-cycle accounting experience is a must!
- Responsible for processing emergency check requests including payroll checks for non-routine HR actions
- Maintains Payroll System continuously which includes but is not limited to; rate changes, hiring/termination of employees, updating employee addresses and company account codes.
- Performs necessary ACH transfers, for HSAs, FSAs, and Retirement benefits, etc…
- Reviews Employee Exception Time Accruals to enforce employee compliance.
- Reviews all city, state and federal tax reports, reconciliation of deductions, overtime records, garnishments, and all other deductions paid to vendors for bi-weekly payroll.
- Reviews all quarterly payroll reports generated by ADP reported to the IRS.
- Reviews all annual payroll reports and W2s generated by ADP reported to the IRS and distributes all W2’s to employees.
- Will obtain comprehensive knowledge of Seminary benefit plans in order to process payroll deductions.
- Reviews invoices and check requests for proper approval, account distribution, and IRS information such as 1099’s, Social Security numbers, and addresses.
- Responsible for sending IRS W-9 forms to potential 1099 recipients.
- Enters daily accounts payable transactions into the appropriate accounts payable systems.
- Processes accounts payable checks on a regular schedule. Review vendor monthly statements. Prepares various reports upon request.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience processing payroll with an understanding of Federal, State and local agencies to maintain compliance with applicable laws.
- Full-Cycle Payroll
- Experience with ADP Software
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounts payable.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office package.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Associates degree in Business Administration required with an emphasis in Accounting preferred.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7914 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org