Accounting Career Consultants
Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-26001
This position is part of the Financial Reporting and General Accounting team within Finance, which includes subject matter experts over consolidated financial statement presentations and technical accounting matters among other areas, and works closely with our Financial Planning & Analytics Leadership as well as several other teams across the Accounting department.
This individual will utilize their knowledge to manage and assist in completion of a timely month end close, review journal entries for proper accounting, and review month end reconciliations, and work with the Director and Senior Director of Accounting to provide critical analysis of general accounting matters.
This position will be the technical accounting expert on the accounting team by researching accounting guidance and documenting policies and conclusions in memorandums.
Additionally, this position will help manage monthly general ledger close process, review journal entries and reconciliations, as well as analyze and explain period over period variances reporting to the Accounting Director.
Manage and develop 2-3 staff and senior accountants
Analyze monthly financial statements and explain variances within determined thresholds
Assist in preparing consolidated financial statements, assist with the audit process with external auditors and prepare various supporting footnote schedules
Maintain listing of accounting and finance policies, ensure timely updates and documentation
Monitor new accounting pronouncements and implementations: perform detailed research and draft implementation memos
Conduct and document insightful research of non-routine accounting transactions to conclude on the appropriate application of US GAAP including the preparation of technical memorandums that concisely document analyses and conclusions
quarterly checklist updates and evidence gathering activities for accurate/complete accounting of new lease agreements and renewals, execute embedded lease review procedures for further implementation under the new lease accounting guidance
Execute and document opening balance sheet testing procedures, prepare PPA entries, prepare acquisition memos, review integration period accounting
Review and perform GL account reconciliations
Identify inefficiencies in the monthly close process and implement and lead process changes
Prepare or review journal entries for routine and technical accounting areas.
Other: perform monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities based on team needs, assist with other recurring internal reporting packages and special projects
Prepare monthly dashboard for close reporting, including KPIs and additional analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting CPA required
- 4-6+ years’ experience in an accounting role with some management experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in public accounting or working in a finance role within a public company
- Highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets and other accounting software.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to complete a task or project, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Deep understanding of current technical accounting and reporting matters
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound judgment
- Strong Excel skills as well as knowledge of ERP systems/reporting tools
- Detailed-oriented with both the ambition and willingness to dive into the details to accomplish responsibilities and solve problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills/ability to continually prioritize workload and respond to top priorities with a sense of urgency
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7907 | Email: email@example.com