Accounting Career Consultants
Manager, Investment Accounting St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23688
Manages the analysis and preparation of the appropriate investment accounting for various asset classes.
Performs managerial duties or reviewing work related to assigned processes and to develop and mentor associates.
Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of process improvements that may extend beyond the area of oversight.
- Works with Business Lead to develop areas of focus for accounting, process or reporting improvements.
- Gathers information to accurately understand and summarize issues, evaluates risk and challenges, works collaboratively to propose recommendations and works to implement approved changes.
- Performs accounting functions and maintains and prepares month-end, quarter-end and annual files (GAAP, STAT & IFRS) for assigned asset and investment accounting areas.
- Provides support to business segments, Investments and other interested parties to ensure that all items are processed appropriately on the various investment accounting systems.
- Coordinates and summarizes investment information for internal and external examiners.
- Researches, reviews and analyzes investment data/reports, provides solutions to resolve issues, and prepares reports.
- Provides support to Executive Director, as needed, including special projects as well as direct supervision of Investment Accounting Analysts and/or Senior Investment Accountants and indirect supervision of other associates in the department.
- Performs supervisory duties, including, but not limited to hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining direct reports.
- Works with other functional areas to achieve efficient and effective accounting and reporting practices and procedures and responds to and requests from other functional areas on various inquires.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent related work experience 8+ years accounting or auditing experience including 1-3 years insurance accounting experience (statutory)
- 2-5 years supervisory/management experience
- SSGX PFI/ePAM system experience
- Master’s Degree, CPA Progress towards FLMI
- PeopleSoft or other accounting software applications experience
- Advanced experience with Statutory, GAAP or IFRS accounting Insurance/Reinsurance financial reporting experience
Abilities & Skills Required:
- Basic Word, intermediate Excel and SQL/Query skills
- Competent knowledge in Statutory, GAAP and IFRS accounting
- Advanced knowledge of accounting/finance theory and application and financial reporting
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced people management skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
- General business knowledge
- Preferred: Advanced knowledge of investments and investment accounting
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7908 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org