Accounting Career Consultants
Manager, Credit & Collections St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-22851
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
This growing and profitable company has a laid-back environment, casual dress, and work from home opportunity. You will have the chance to make your mark by truly impacting the cash flow of the organization.
- Lead and develop the AR team members to thrive in a performance driven culture. Includes workforce planning and cross training as well as growing talent by identifying and developing skill gaps.
- Participate in working capital management by assisting in creating the cash forecast, monitoring progress against forecast and making necessary adjustments in cash collections to meet or exceed expectations.
- Maintain, distribute, and monitor metrics and KPI reporting for team collection activities consisting of past due AR as well as aged deductions, credit memos and cash on account to achieve a clean aged trial balance.
- Guide the team members to take corrective action timely on aged AR transactions. Occasionally, meet with customer contacts as well as internal functional teams to discuss and resolve roadblocks to timely receipt of cash and or resolution of open deductions.
- Foster a collaborative environment with all departments involved in the customer to cash processes including inside and outside sales, customer care, transportation and warehouse distribution teams focusing on continuous improvement, reducing costs, and improving customer service levels.
- Maximize sales and minimize credit risk by evaluating customer credit worthiness, setting. and monitoring appropriate credit limits and aged AR. Timely review and release of customer order holds upon mutually satisfactory agreement on resolution of issues. This also includes a periodic review of credit files by obtaining fiscal year financial statements, credit agency reports or updating trade reverences.
- Develop metrics for transactional activities including cash application, sales adjustment processing and customer master maintenance activities.
- Continuous development of Credit and Collections Policy Playbook as well as supporting standard operating procedures. Communicate updates to AR team members and affected functional teams.
- Reviews the daily Cash Balancing Report.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly credit department reports.
- Complies with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or Business degree
- 8+ years credit management experience
- Ability to develop relationships with customer and internal personnel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Detail minded and highly organized
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and accept additional responsibilities
- Computer proficient in a Microsoft Office environment. Experience with SAP preferred.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7916 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org