Accounting Career Consultants
International Tax Analyst St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-22647
Under limited supervision, prepares tax returns and related reports to ensure organization compliance with tax laws and regulations.
Assists in international compliance and research for the entire organization. Ensures accurate, reliable and timely tax preparation and reporting.
Compiles and analyzes accounting information and coordinates with outside advisors to ensure compliance for payment, reporting or other tax requirements for GST & VAT returns. Ensures compliance with tax laws and regulations.
Assists in U.S. international and local compliance and reporting for foreign operations.
• Prepares FATCA related international forms required to be filed.
• Prepares responses to requests for information from outside taxing authorities.
• Assists with analysis concerning tax planning opportunities.
• Performs research, analysis and provides recommendations to tax policies and procedures.
• Completes special projects as needed, in areas such as acquisitions, new ventures, sales, new products and other opportunities.
• Collaborates with the tax department staff/management to maintain accuracy and efficiency on all tax preparation and reporting activities.
• Maintains frequent contact with management and staff associates in finance, valuation, treaties, and administration to facilitate accomplishment of department objectives.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
• 5-8 years accounting experience with 3+ years tax experience
• Certified Public Accountant
• International tax experience
• Onesource experience
• PeopleSoft or other accounting software applications or corporate tax experience
• Insurance/Reinsurance financial reporting experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Required:
• Basic Word, intermediate Excel and SQL/Query skills
• Basic knowledge of tax accounting practices and procedures including GAAP and Statutory accounting methodologies, disclosure and reporting
• Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
• Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
• Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
• Intermediate investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Intermediate interpersonal skills
• Ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
• Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
• Ability to foster customer service as needed
• Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
• Basic negotiating and persuasion skills • General business knowledge
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7908 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org