Accounting Career Consultants
Internal Audit St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20366
REPORTS TO: Internal Audit Manager FUNCTION: Responsible for the planning and performance of financial, compliance, and operational audits as part of the Company’s annual Internal Audit Plan. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Independently investigate, analyze, and prepare reports on the effectiveness and soundness of accounting, financial, information system, and other activities throughout the Company’s operations.
2. Understand the concepts of internal control and the process for applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes or functions.
3. Plan and execute audits using a combination of internal and external resources.
4. Perform financial and operational audits utilizing advanced auditing techniques and practical business knowledge.
5. Participate in the development and execution of audit programs.
6. Participate in the tests of design and operating effectiveness of the internal control structure, as mandated by Sarbanes-Oxley, Section 404.
7. Assist in evaluating internal control test results and coordinating corrective action plans.
8. Prepare working papers, draft audit reports, and other materials for presentation to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
9. Utilize the audit function to promote awareness and value within the Company.
10. Demonstrate a willingness to develop audit capabilities and respond to changes in statutory requirements and business needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Exhibits logical problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills including excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new systems and utilize them in resolving reconciliation items and management decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at the same time.
- Proficiency with PC and Windows applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7915 | Email: email@example.com