Accounting Career Consultants
Interim Controller Consultant St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-22707
Participates in preparing the monthly financial statements of the company. Serves as the companys primary contact for fixed assets, and sales and use tax.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Prepares journal entries, analyzes accounts, and month-end reports. Maintains an understanding of SyteLine ERP system-generated entries to the ledger.
- Tracks the companys fixed assets using the iSuite Fixed Assets system, including additions, disposals, and depreciation records for financial books and tax books. Prepares related journal entries and reconciles accounts. Prepares property tax filings, reviews and approves property tax billings.
- Completes payroll in the absence of the primary payroll person – Maintains an understanding of federal and state payroll regulations in all states where we do business. Payroll for approximately 150 people through a third-party payroll provider. Reviews and ensures accuracy of hours, rates, deductions.
- Reviews and approves the Accounts Payable process – oversees the maintenance of W-9 records and coordinates preparation of year-end 1099s. Prepares special Accounts Payable reports and analysis as required. Files required sales and use tax reports.
- Mentors and trains other accounting personnel
- Analyzes and interprets financial and operational results, working closely with the Controller and the CFO
- Continually seeks impactful ways to improve financial and operational processes and results
- Other duties as prudent or assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- 10+ years accounting experience required
- Prior experience in ERP systems, general ledger software, payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- LEAN manufacturing and accounting experience helpful
- Must be willing to foster and guard positive culture
- Strong analytical, verbal reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen
- Humble learner; results oriented and high energy with ability to inspire others
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7914 | Email: email@example.com