Accounting Career Consultants
HR Manager, Labor Relations East Alton, IL
Job Reference: JOB-26147F
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Come be a part of a 130-year-old company steeped in American tradition, with a company commitment to excellence and operating with integrity in everything they do- from staffing to their state-of-the-art facilities to being involved in the community through educational assistance programs and providing aid for the homeless! The individual you would be reporting to has been with the company for over 30 years, with a team of tenured professionals to learn from and develop your career!
- Competitive benefits package
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- 401k w/ company match and retirement contribution account
- Volunteer paid time off program
- Participates with Division leadership to plan and implement programs to meet human resources and labor relations requirements supporting short and long-term business needs.
- Serves as subject matter expert on labor agreements, plant rules, and employment-related policies and programs.
- Advises managers on how to handle specific situations (e.g., discipline, work practice changes) and their implications in terms of employee relations, performance management, talent development, labor agreements, company policy, progressive discipline, general plant rules, and employment law.
- Establishes and maintains professional positive relationships with union leadership
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of labor laws and regulations, court, and arbitration decisions, and national, local, and competition settlement trends.
- Oversee and/or participate in EEO, employee relations, and ethics-related investigations as required.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Labor/Industrial Relations, Business Management, Organizational Development, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of recent related progressive experience in a Human Resources and Labor Relations position
- Labor Relations working knowledge to include disciplinary actions, grievances, arbitrations, and negotiations experience
- Human Resources and/or Labor Relations Supervision experience required
Samantha Smith Recruiter
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-924-9803 | Email: email@example.com