Accounting Career Consultants
HR Generalist Trenton, GA
Job Reference: JOB-26173C
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
In Trenton, GA will be 100% in office
Bull Moose Tube serves the construction, transportation, fire protection, agriculture, and lawn and garden industries.
Great opportunity to get your foot in he door with a growing company and learn more about Labor Relations in a manufacturing environment.
Works in partnership with corporate HR and plant management to drive departmental and organizational initiatives by providing a full range of Human Resources services including Payroll and Labor Relations activities. Ensures that all human resource processes and payroll functions for the organization are carried out in a timely manner. Administers the local collective bargaining agreement in accordance with policy and strategy formulated. Drives various local HR related activities such as recruiting, on-boarding, compensation & benefits strategies and record keeping for the plant. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide HR leadership and direction to the plant leadership team.
- Administer the local collective bargaining agreements in accordance with policies; assist in answering and settling grievances; supports legal with arbitration and negotiations preparation.
- Advises managers on how to handle specific situations (e.g., discipline, plant rules, policy interpretation, performance management, talent development, and employee relations).
- Identify and apply recruiting strategies to ensure a timely response to filling open hourly positions; manage the recruitment effort, applicant processing, screening, and onboarding process.
- Ensure accurate completion and recordkeeping of new hire paperwork.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR and plant leadership to close talent gaps and improve recruitment, leadership development, and retention plans to meet business goals.
- Administer multiple benefit plans (including health, 401k, disability, etc.) for the plant which includes but is not limited to enrollments, change reporting, reconciliation, audits, maintaining statistical data and communicating benefit information to employees. Reconcile benefit invoices and 3rd Party Sick Pay.
- Maintain and secure confidential employee information (benefit and health information, data and/or files, etc.), and provide data and reports as required.
- Identify and monitor the plant’s culture so that it supports the attainment of company goals/key results and maintains a positive work environment.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly payroll data.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment supporting manufacturing locations, preferably in a union environment.
- Strong understanding of legislation concerning employment (ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, OSHA).
- Strong customer service skills in advising employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills. Outstanding attention to detail, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team, as well as ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in related field)
- 3 – 5 years HR Generalist experience required with at least 2 years in a professional (non-administrative) role.
- 2+ years strong Labor Relations experience required.
- Solid experience in payroll operations and HRIS database management, and in Microsoft Office applications.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-924-9804 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org