Accounting Career Consultants
Finance Director St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-24915
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overall management of the financial resources and financial operations of the business units including planning, organizing, and controlling the financial resources
- Lead the Annual Business Planning Process across multiple legal entities.
- Develop the annual and long term plan working with business unit leaders
- Develop tools and reports that are needed by BU leaders to monitor costs and productivity.
- Ensure key financial metrics (i.e. working capital, DSO, etc.) are met by each of the entities and the business overall; provide corrective actions as needed
- Oversee, compile, and analyze financial reporting packages for special projects and monthly business and quarterly business reviews.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, and general & entity accounting
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Interact with corporate finance and boards relative to process and approval.
- Understand and comply with corporate spending and contracting authority.
- Assess finance related processes for efficiency, make improvements and develop standard operating procedures as needed. Insure compliance with procedures.
- Support audits
- Oversee business performance against budgets.
- Address deviations and performance issues with each business manager and develop correction plan.
- Work closely with business unit managers to understand the operation of the business to determine the levers to achieve financial metrics.
- Support the innovation programs, tracking costs and sales to establish ROI.
- Support development of business plans for financial aspects and ROI.
- Support M&A activities
- Ensure adherence to Eurofins financial policies, rules, and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 7 years of experience in Accounting / Finance role serving multiple operations at global locations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific >
- 5 years’ direct finance and financial planning experience
- Strategic planning
- Process improvement as it relates to finance
- Hands on experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge of sales commission plan design and management MBA with focus in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline CPA and/or CMA Certification
- Prior managerial experience of a finance and/or accounting team required
- Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management Strong scheduling and project oversight experience
- Excellent computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
- Process improvement and process documentation experience
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Partial remote work potential Additional Information
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7907 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org