Accounting Career Consultants
Director of Credit St. Charles, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23802
The Director of Credit and Collections is a key role which will be responsible for the leadership, oversight and evolution of all credit and collections related duties.
The Director of Credit and Collections will develop and improve processes, monitor internal controls, manage risk, and reduce bad debt losses.
This role will have direct interaction with critical customers and will collaborate closely with the commercial teams and other members of the back office.
This position is located at the corporate office in St. Charles, MO and manages a team of four associates.
- Ensure effective internal controls, policies and procedures are in place and that teams are properly trained
- Establish and manage KPIs for credit and collections department
- Lead monthly meetings to discuss credit and collections with executive leadership and finance teams Calculate monthly bad debt and equipment reserves
- Work directly with strategic customers to establish credit and complete periodic reviews
- Collaborate with related departments, set expectations, and ensure adherence to company policies Approve credit card and cash application transactions
- Establish and maintain credit packages for customer credit evaluation
- Member of deal team to review and onboard customers in M&A transactions
- Identify technology and outsourcing solutions to allow for scalable processes
- Manage associates and establish development goals
- Assist with audit requests
- Assist with budgeting departmental and bad debt expense
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working directly in credit and collections
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to make quick supportable decisions
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Robust Microsoft Office skills
- Focus on providing world class customer service
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States Experience with Microsoft Navision or another ERP system a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business related field
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7915 | Email: email@example.com