Accounting Career Consultants
Corporate Paralegal St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-21613
Position Overview: Under immediate supervision, provides paralegal services to attorneys and business clients with an emphasis on corporate, contract, legal technology and transactional matters. Responsible for meeting deadlines and monitoring time-sensitive filings and matters.
Collaborates with attorneys, paralegals and administrative members to perform routine assignments and projects, as directed.
Assists, as assigned, in preparing and maintaining corporate records and other essential legal documents, while ensuring proper indexing and filing of various original legal documents; forming or dissolving entities; coordinating annual and special meetings, acting as secretary to ensure the accurate recording and imaging of meeting minutes.
Assists, as assigned, in updating and maintaining various corporate governance resources, both electronic and paper-based
Maintains and updates imaging system for corporate documents and contracts, analyze and interpret contracts to determine appropriate workflow for legal and business review, as needed; assists with special projects and reporting to management and downstream users; regularly audits legal technology to ensure compliance with corporate standards and procedures.
Corresponds directly with business clients and reviewers, as needed, to resolve inconsistencies in workflow and procedures, taking proactive steps and corrective action when necessary or appropriate.
Assists with examining and compiling business requirements and coordinating implementation of legal technology ; assists with training users and answering technical and procedural questions; assists with reporting to management and downstream users; and acts as liaison with IT to resolve and close technical issues.
Assists, as needed, in due diligence process in connection with imaging database updates and business transaction closings.
Researches and analyzes legal issues and questions using sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles and regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years’ experience as a corporate paralegal in a law firm or in a corporate legal function Preferred:
• Experience in a global business enterprise with operations on various continents, time zones, legal systems, and cultures.
• Paralegal Certificate from accredited institution
• Familiar with administering contract review and management process
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of legal and contract terminology and methods
• Excellent review and proofreading skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Intermediate oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail
• Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to acquire new skills and knowledge of changing technologies
• Proficient knowledge of Word applications with an ability to develop and maintain document automation templates, acquire new skills, and knowledge of changing technologies
• Basic math
• General business knowledge
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7908 | Email: email@example.com