Accounting Career Consultants
Corp. Accountant St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20092
This position reports to and is supervised by the Corps Accounting Director. Position does not supervise other staff.
Performs full charge bookkeeping/accounting for several centers of operation at the Regional Accounting Center (Midland Divisional Headquarters).
Essential Duties (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this job description.):
- Perform day to day accounting functions of revenues (receipts), accounts payable and ledgers.
- Maintain cash control logs and issue weekly reports to Corps Officers.
- Perform monthly closings and analysis. Provide reports to supervisor and Corps Officers..
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and make adjustments as necessary.
- Provide and maintain network drive access to monthly/annual closing reports and analysis files.
- Perform cross funds balancing on a monthly basis.
- Make adjustments to Temporarily Restricted Assets and maintain analysis file.
- Perform analysis of various ledgers and reports as required by Corps Officer and supervisor.
- Analyze balance sheet accounts, review revenue and expense distributions and budget variances.
- Coordinate and balance with Grant and Contract Accountant on a monthly basis.
- Review reports, reconciliations, budget variances and financial trends with Corps Officers as needed.
- Prepare financial summary reports for Corps Officers presentations to Advisory and Corps Councils.
- Prepare annual closing entries, analysis and reports according to GAAP. Close the accounting system.
- Coordinate and prepare audit schedules.
- Keep corps desk guide up to date.
- Cover for vacationing Corps Accountants as assigned.
- Assist in budget preparation and enter budget information in accounting system.
- Work closely with Corps Officers providing communication of financial information on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Safe From Harm Guidelines.
Bachelors degree in accounting/related field and two (2) years accounting/related field work experience.
Combination of education and experience will be considered.
Fluent in computer use with experience in spreadsheet, word processing and computerized accounting systems.
Requires a high level of confidentiality.
Must be a team player, a self-starter, able to handle several projects at the same time and perform well with minimum supervision.
Must demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7914 | Email: email@example.com