Accounting Career Consultants
Controller St. Louis
Job Reference: JOB-25970
Job Title: Controller
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Are you looking for to be part of the management team at a fast-growing private company? Are you looking for good work/life balance in a fun, flexible, social environment? If so, apply now to find out if this could be the right next step for your career.
The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, to include accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Controller has ultimate responsibility for the organizational finances and cash flow.
- Provide oversight to the financial and accounting functions to ensure business profitability.
- Develop and implement revenue forecasts, and budgets.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provide financial results for Monthly and Quarterly All Hands Meeting with entire organization.
- Maintain relationship with banker, CPA, and others who provide advice and counsel to the organization.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, and that accounts receivable are received in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements issued <5 Days from the end of the month or quarter.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
Bachelor’s degree + in Accounting, 5 years of experience as a Senior Accountant or Controller
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7901 | Email: email@example.com