Accounting Career Consultants
Controller St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20093
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions including audit and tax advisors
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department including leading a staff of two
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Implement further accounts payable controls and ensure compliance
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly, implement change on deposits processing
- Ensure that periodic bank and all GL account reconciliations are completed on a timely basis
- Process approx. 15 international bank transactions a month on timely and accurate basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over all accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, including the 3-year plan
- Calculate variances from the budget and report to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide analyses as needed, for cash flow, need for operating adjustments, contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Providing management and ownership with information vital to the decision-making process
- Improvements to systems in accounting and input throughout the building for lean processing
- Input on implementing robust inventory cycle counting and control
- Daily cash reporting
- Weekly cash projection
- Monthly revenue and margin projection with weekly updates
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 10+ years of experience for an entrepreneurial company or division of a large corporation.
Preference will be given to candidates with Certified Management Accountant or Certified Public Accountant designations.
ERP system experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Primarily in an office environment. Occasional travel as needed to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7901 | Email: email@example.com