Accounting Career Consultants
Controller Greater Saint Louis, Missouri
Job Reference: JOB-23320
Why is this a Great Opportunity?
- Unique industry, business poised to grow in coming years
- Dynamic role, well suited for an analytically minded individual
- Will lead, influence, and grow a small accounting department
- High visibility, will collaborate with key stakeholders across the business
- Will act as a strategic partner with executive leadership
- Clear runway to CFO path
- Overall responsibility for the daily accounting functions and development of Monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain an effective system of internal controls to safeguard Company assets, routinely deliver reliable financial statements, and achieve an unqualified audit opinion.
- Manage the daily cash flow and bank borrowings on the line of credit and monitor all loan covenants to ensure compliance.
- Provide in-depth analytical support in the areas of sales, pricing, margin, budgets, and profitability in support of the Companys daily operations as well as strategic goals.
- Perform monthly business analysis and effectively present information for senior management.
- Track Company performance against established goals and provide recommendations on corrective action.
- Initiate, propose, and develop recommendations aimed at improving company profitability, reporting capabilities, or other factors that affect the overall performance of the company.
- Define the scope of the work, deliverables, resources, timeline, solutions, and governance for all financial analytical projects, procedures, and initiatives.
- Be a strong, respected, and influential leader within the organization with a determined focus on building collaboration and partnerships across all departments.
- Lead and provide strong managerial oversight for projects, requests, and problem-solving initiatives, internally and externally and with cross-functional teams.
- Effectively manage budgets to ensure company goals and objectives are being met.
- Model the organizational values of thinking innovatively; optimizing solutions with a customer focus; operating with integrity and a sense of urgency; leading change; and being accountable.
- Model and translate a strong understanding of problem-solving strategies into improved performance, effectiveness, and increased productivity.
- Manage a variety of shifting deadlines through multi-tasking and turning projects/initiatives to on-time completions.
- Contribute and drive initiatives that improve company profitability
- Bachelors in accounting or finance required (Advanced degree or CPA designation a plus)
- Over 6 total years of experience audit, accounting, and/or financial analysis
- Previous experience managing a staff
- Experience working in a small to midsized company finance department, or public accounting experience
- Experience with ERP systems and other analytical tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work cross-functionally
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7903 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org