Accounting Career Consultants
Business Unit Controller St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-23863
Are you a strategic financial professional seeking a leadership role with a global company where you can make a hands on difference?
Search no further as we have the opportunity you are looking for.
This position directs the accounting, financial reporting, and business planning of the Canada business unit. Responsible for the safeguarding of the unit’s assets and the accurate reporting of financial results for Kingston and Vancouver locations.
- Use capital projects experience to add a number of new production lines within the first 2 years.
- Utilizing your previous hands on costing experience, work with senior leaders to determine the right mix of ingredients to manufacture.
- Knowledge of local taxes to ensure compliance and report financial results quarterly.
- Prepare annual business plan and work with the onsite leadership team to monitor revenues and operating profit.
- Manage and develop the current team of 4 to support the business and prepare them for their next promotion in a multi-site multinational business.
- Ensure that timely and accurate reporting and forecasting occur in compliance with company requirements.
- Serve as a key member of the business unit management team.
- Drive profitability through cost reduction plans as well as sales support activities in order to achieve targets.
- Provide effective financial and business analysis to support decision-making.
- Understand, implement and maintain standard costing practices, which are aligned with company group methodology.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) year equivalent in accounting.
- CPA preferred
- Travel – 20% to St Louis, MO and Vancouver locations
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Computer literate and functional in the use of integrated business systems. Prefer previous experience with JD Edwards or similar.
- Experience regarding the month-end close process.
- Experience as a business unit controller or plant controller in a manufacturing environment required. Extensive involvement in budgeting, forecasting, month-end reporting, and inventory valuation.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7900 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org