Accounting Career Consultants
Associate Accounting Analyst, Global Financial Solutions St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-24929
The Associate Accounting Analyst compiles, coordinates, reconciles and analyzes periodic financial data and results based on a US GAAP and Statutory basis and prepares financial reports for the business unit, area, or function. Supports accurate, reliable and timely financial and management reporting.
- Understand and perform administration of the assigned financial reinsurance treaties, including auditing of client reporting, monitoring and recording of cash, preparation of related month end accruals, and other items.
- Verify cash receipts to premium advices, broker statements and a&h pool quarterly statement involving multiple currencies.
- Prepare wire transfers along with appropriate reporting for settlement with reinsurers and brokers.
- Maintain database of all London Markets and A&H Pool reporting and reconcile bank statements.
- May review and/or verify journal entries, account balances, and accounting classifications
- Works with other functional and corporate areas in RGA to achieve accuracy, efficiency, and effective accounting practices and procedures and responds to requests from other functional areas on various inquires.
- Assists with report development and/or updates; ensures financial reporting related questions raised by business unit, area, or function are addressed.
- Shares technical expertise with others; maintains appropriate documentation of processes, recommends process improvements, provides functional advice and/or training as needed.
- Maintains SOX documentation and provides as needed; may assist with year-end audit confirmation requests and other internal audits as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent related work experience
- 1-3 years accounting or auditing experience.
Progress towards CPA Progress towards FLMI Insurance or reinsurance financial reporting experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES Required:
- Basic Word and intermediate Excel skills Intermediate knowledge of accounting/finance theory and application Ability to learn new IT systems and processes.
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions, and track work while managing shifting priorities.
- Ability to set goals, multitask and prioritize workload. Intermediate level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Intermediate interpersonal skills. Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions. Ability to foster customer service as needed.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational and functional disciplines and work well with all levels of management.
- General business knowledge
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7908 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org