Accounting Career Consultants
Assistant Controller Atlanta, GA
Job Reference: JOB-20291
Job Title: Assistant Controller Location: Atlanta, GA
Are you an Accounting professional who is seeking a challenge?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with a variety of different Accounting tasks and projects?
Do you enjoy working with a collaborative team?
If the answer is, Yes!?
then we have an exciting, long-term opportunity for you.
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Controller to join our team in our Atlanta office. You will work closely with our Senior Controllers and many different teams.
Prepare monthly financial statements and reconcile the job cost for the company.
Monitor accounting transactions throughout the month and resolve any issues that occur in the process daily.
Prepare and assist with monthly bank reconciliations (A/P).
Balance intercompany cash accounts and interact with the Project Managers and Regional Managers to assist them with subcontracts, insurance issues, and job cost details.
Collaborate with accounts payable to review and approve payment requests (invoices, check requests forms, etc).
Prepare quarterly and monthly sales and use tax returns.
Assist with the year-end audit.
Respond to requests for information and analysis from the leadership team within our family of companies on various accounting and financial issues.
Work on a variety of different projects throughout the month that are delegated from the Senior Controller and/or Director.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance with 3-5 years of public or construction related accounting experience.
- CPA or MBA considered a plus, but not required.
- Experience in the construction industry is also considered a plus but is not required.
- Advanced Excel and IT Skills considered a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be able to adapt their communication style to suit different audiences and be an effective communicator.
- Candidates must have the ability to establish good working relationships with Senior Management.
- Assistant Controllers may have access to confidential information that is needed to perform their essential job duties. Confidentiality of all company and customer information must be upheld.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7902 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org