Accounting Career Consultants
AR Manager Saint Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-27286B
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
This company has been an industry leader for over 160 years. Over the decades, the company and our products have evolved through innovation and new technologies. But those commitments to quality and service remain unchanged. Today, just as in 1854 their customers can depend on our products for reliable, long-term service. Equally as important, they can depend on getting the same from our knowledgeable team.
Summary: Manages and coordinates activities and operations of accounts receivable
department and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains timely and accurate collections of accounts receivable balances; ensures timely
posting of cash receipts.
- Reviews and analyzes effectiveness of accounts receivable collections policies and
procedures; recommends changes to management.
- Assigns responsibility for legal action and collection of delinquent accounts, interfaces with
outside collection agencies as needed.
- Establishes, monitors, and updates customers’ credit activities.
- Audits delinquent accounts; monitors and manages efforts being taken before assigning
bad debt status.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective accounts receivable
processes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains and manages department budget.
- Interfaces with appropriate personnel and managers to exchange information and update
- Prepares and presents accounts receivable reports as required.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops accounts payable staff; manages
schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational
policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote
and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position may supervise staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B. A.) or equivalent.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Firm commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including ability to listen attentively and
to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Interpersonal savvy; able to collaborate and work closely with other departments and
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and adaptable; able to work independently within team
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
time while meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Excellent problem solving, process analysis, and improving business practice skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 software; SAP experience preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of
related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core Competencies: Continuous Improvement, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Initiative,
Leadership Courage, Teamwork
Position Level Competencies: Analytical/Forward Thinking, Collaboration, Credibility, Design,
Diversity, Ethics, Innovation, Judgment, Oral/Written Communication, Persuasion, Problem
Solving, Professionalism, Quality
KPI Indicators: Including but not limited to: Aged Debts, AR Collection Period, Average Days
AR, Days to Close Month End, Expenses to Budget, Report Error Rate
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7914 | Email: email@example.com