Accounting Career Consultants
AP Office Support Specialist Saint Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-27363D
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
We have a positive work environment and always look for the talented, passionate people who will help lead us into the future. When you become part of our company, you can join other equally committed individuals in doing something that matters.
Detail focused individual who will assist the Accounting Manager in coordinating the daily departmental operations and financial analysis for the organization. Monitor on-going costs, prepare statistics, and analyze trends and variances.
- Manage accounts payable using accounting software and other programs, analyze/review workflow process in Concur Coding of invoices
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment and reconciliation of subsidiary to general ledger.
- Implement tactical processes, enforce policies, and monitor internal controls.
- Review purchase orders, invoice totals, terms of payment and other charges (i.e., ensure that the organization is not accessed any taxes, late fees, or finance charges)
- Reconciling vendor statements to ensure organization accounts for all possible invoices and credits
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at designated facility site. Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the senior accountant and controller.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records, and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Maintaining historical records Continuing to improve the accounts payable process (i.e., identify systemic root causes related to the general ledger, accounting software, establishing, and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors, etc.)
- Produce month end and year end reports
- Assist the supervisors and managers with the problems regarding accruals, invoices, stale checks, expense periods and inventory
- Collects W9 information and maintains the AP tax information to meet IRS regulation Assist in year end 1099 processing and preparation by verifying all data paid in applicable year
- Maintains the integrity of the vendor master file to ensure payments are aged properly
- Assist in the preparation of the annual year end audit Compliance with GAAP
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Attention to detail Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or contribute to an environment that fosters teamwork, effective communication, and responsiveness
- Ability to prioritize, effectively handle multiple projects concurrently, and take ownership of work
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work extended hours during accounting close, audit periods and other critical times Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information Ability to maintain a balanced perspective in rapidly changing business circumstances
- Basic data entry skills Comfortable with math and calculations
- Good listening and communication skills
- Accurate and meticulous in data entry
- Able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma and one to three years accounting experience, two years computer operations experience in a mainframe environment, including data processing, reports and system maintenance.
Computer Skills: Proficient use of spreadsheets. Have a working knowledge of accounting software, IBM A/S 400, Microsoft Access, Excel and Word applications.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7914 | Email: email@example.com