Accounting Career Consultants
Accounting Supervisor St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-21584
Accounting Supervisor – Great Culture in Employee Owned Company
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Great chance to join a growing accounting department in an industry leading company centrally located and headquartered here in St. Louis. Position is open due to growth. Very employee friendly company that does a lot of fun events and activities throughout the year. Good flexibility and room for growth.
The Accounting Supervisor assists the Corporate Controller in the coordination, oversight and execution of the Company’s accounting, reporting, and internal control related activities. This position is also responsible for overseeing daily transactions (e.g. accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations) as well as the work of junior accounting staff. Our ideal candidate uses strong analytical skills to create detailed financial reports and analysis. To succeed in this role, you should also have a problem-solving attitude and be able to manage other members of the team.
RESPONSIBLITIES & DUTIES
- Assist in the month end closing process including journal entry preparation, account analysis and reconciliations;
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and financial system;
- Monitoring bank accounts for electronic transactions and adequate balances to meet cash requirements and post bank transaction in GL system;
- Prepare intercompany transactions and reconcile accounts;
- Directs, monitors and evaluates the activities and performance of assigned accounting staff;
- Works closely with designated staff to coordinate accounting processes, meet deadlines, resolve issues and enhance the organization;
- Analyzes current accounting practices and policies and recommends changes as appropriate;
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring accounting activities in order to meet deadlines; Streamlines processes to create efficiencies in workload;
- Prepare miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive experience in an accounting supervisory role.
- Financial Reporting and analysis. Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong technical and Excel skills, Microsoft Dynamics a plus
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7907 | Email: email@example.com