Accounting Career Consultants
Accounting Manager St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-24909
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The Accounting Manager assists the Corporate Controller in the coordination, oversight and execution of the Company’s accounting, reporting, and internal control related activities.
This position is responsible for overseeing daily general accounting transactions (e.g., accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, fixed assets, and bank reconciliations) and must use strong analytical skills to create detailed financial reports and analysis. The Accounting Manager must also be a hands-on leader and mentor to the members of their accounting team.
Apply accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Direct, monitor and evaluate the activities and performance of assigned accounting team;
2. Assist in driving the month end closing process including journal entry preparation, account analysis and reconciliations;
3. Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and financial system;
4. Monitor bank accounts for electronic transactions and adequate balances to meet cash requirements and post bank transaction in GL system;
5. Prepare intercompany transactions and reconcile accounts between DAS Acquisition, DAS Holdings Company, DAS Insurance and Red Eagle;
6. Work closely with accounting team to coordinate accounting processes, meet deadlines, resolve issues and enhance the organization;
7. Analyze current accounting practices and policies and recommends changes as appropriate;
8. Develop and implement policies and procedures for monitoring accounting activities in order to meet deadlines including streamlining processes to create workload efficiencies;
9. Prepare ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Broad Knowledge & Experience Financial Reporting and analysis.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Above Average Skills High degree of functional knowledge in subject matter.
- Comfortable with multiple technological platforms.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated Ability Ability to effectively communicate with team members and upper management; manage competing priorities.
Well organized, analytical, positive attitude, strong work ethic, collaborative mindset, understands the meaning of teamwork.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized Training Industry knowledge is a plus including exposure to Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Loan Vision accounting software and Ellie Mae Encompass.
- Active Affiliations, Certifications CPA or CMA is a plus.
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7907 | Email: email@example.com