Accounting Career Consultants
Accounting Manager St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-24912
The manager holds many responsibilities. He/She will oversee and handle the day-to-day operations of a team of 4 accounting associates. Advanced accounting knowledge, comfortability with technology, and management experience are all necessities. True success in this role is defined by the success of the team.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Manage a team of 4 associate accountants. Track team-wide tasks and upcoming deadlines, and coordinate with staff to ensure that your team has the tools they need to complete each task correctly and on time.
· Provide technical and social support to the team while developing each staff member to their full potential and efficiency.
· Professional development of team, including providing in-service training on technical advances in non-profit accounting.
· Regularly evaluate each employee and provide feedback to company leadership.
· Analyze and manage client profitability. Report feedback to company leadership.
· Research and continue education in all areas of accounting and technology used internally and by clients.
· Perform bookkeeping services as needed for multiple complex clients or clients in transition.
· Support on-boarding of new clients to ensure adequate support to the primary bookkeeper.
· Onboard new employees and ensure their successful transition to the company.
· Interview candidates for new positions.
· Lead staff meetings and training.
· Review client financial statements on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor’s in Accounting or Accounting-Related Field
· CPA license (preferred)
· 3-5 years of accounting experience
· 2-4 years of management and leadership experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Proficiency with any accounting software
· Local to Saint Louis or willing to relocate
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7916 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org