Accounting Career Consultants
Accounting Director Saint Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-27280C
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Excellent Director level opportunity to join a growth-oriented environment that will offer quick advancement opportunity.
Ideally suited for those who love to continue to build out processes and functions and are looking for and excel in a fast-paced, fun environment. Excellent flexibility and perks.
This position will oversee and manage the accounting and financial reporting for all accounting. The role includes advancing the vision and evolving the processes in an organization constantly changing with significant M&A activity and evolution in processes across the organization. They will closely collaborate with other functions, departments, and key stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop, coach, and mentor the accounting team
- Inspire the continued development of the team, ensuring appropriate growth of each team member, while fostering a spirit of continuous improvement
- Continually evolve our processes and procedures to drive current efficiencies, accommodate for future scale and growth, and for the ability to implement new accounting processes and standards that may be required due to expansion, rulings, or an acquisition
- Provide insight into financial matters while updating management of potential risks and areas of exposure
- Work closely with other functional areas to identify potential areas of accounting concern (due diligence team, integrations team, operations teams) as we complete high volumes of M&A, complete integrations, and alter our business processes
- Play an active role in integration assessment, design, and execution, including talent assessment
- Develop cross-functional relationships across the company allowing insights into the business operations seeking insights into performance and pending process changes
- Responsible for the planning and executing of all assigned accounting and financial functions, including all SG&A and related balance sheet accounts
- Complete, review, and/or approve journal entries and accounting reconciliations
- Implement policies and procedures to identify, resolve, and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures and processes to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate
- Ensure fixed asset policies and procedures are established, maintained, and scalable
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and process documentation to ensure alignment with SOX objectives
- Play a key role in the monthly accounting process including analytical review of the monthly operating results (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow) to ensure complete and accurate accounting records are maintained
- Partner with the finance team to help analyze and document financial statement activity and variances, as needed
- Support the external (or other) financial audit efforts, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- 8+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Prior experience in public accounting a plus
- Prior experience successfully developing and managing a team
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX principles, including implementation and controls
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced skills in Excel
- Knowledge of SAP is highly preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Leadership – ability to manage a team, attract talent, develop and mentor existing talent
- Ability to create best-in-class processes: migration from a simple aggregator will require the ability to assess existing processes, design and build new processes, and ensure efficient and well-controlled processes
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize is critical; a strong focus on designing and building while continuing to acquire new companies, integrating existing companies, and conforming operational processes across the enterprise
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7907 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org