Accounting Career Consultants
Accountant St. Louis, MO
Job Reference: JOB-20306
What You’ll Do You will be a key member of the Accounting team. The Accountant will partner directly with the VP Finance, Accounting Manager and accounting team. The successful candidate will become a trusted business partner, putting emphasis on timely and accurate work, and collaborative 360° communication.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan, monitor and execute a monthly financial closing process.
- Engage with transaction owners, gather financial accounting details and help facilitate target setting for general ledger account balances.
- Load financial details in the accounting system and query data to support account adjustment and reconciliation.
- Engage in data-driven conversation and make pro-active recommendations to ensure accurate, complete and timely journal entries that facilitate accurate reporting from the financial systems.
- Produce and review account reconciliations that are historically representative of operational performance and assist with forward-looking account planning.
- Lead and participate in ad-hoc projects and related accounting work.
Who You Are
You have demonstrated skills interacting effectively with functional managers.
You are a dedicated team member who is inquisitive.
You can work independently, are highly motivated and take initiative to move forward.
You have strong communication skills that allow you to give instructions, review procedures and collaborate with individuals at all levels.
You have excellent organizational and time management abilities which enable you to produce a high quality work product.
You have a strong attention to detail.
You hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting with public accounting experience or 3+ years of industry accounting experience.
Knowledge of US GAAP and its application.
The ability to execute and meet timelines.
You can align accounting measurement with operational performance.
You have prior experience with journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statement preparation.
Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel including pivot tables, VLOOKUP and charts.
You bring a strong systems skillset to the team including current and relevant ERP experience.
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Function: Accounting
I look forward to assisting you with your search and assessing whether this role could be a good fit for you. Please apply for confidential consideration!
Tel: 314-292-7901 | Email: email@example.com