Wealth Management Specialist I and II
Saint Louis, MO
The Wealth Strategist II is a subject matter expert and resource for Financial Advisors ("FA") on issues affecting clients of varying wealth profiles. The Wealth Strategist provides expert estate and tax planning knowledge and consultation in addition to serving as the primary external sales and marketing support for Estate & Tax Planning Services, part of our company' s Wealth Planning Department. Estate & Tax Planning Services covers topics such as simple and complex financial planning, estate planning, tax planning, charitable planning, business continuation and succession planning, and personal trust planning.
Specific issues covered include strategies for concentrated positions, equity-based compensation, asset protection, multi-generational wealth transfer, federal and state death tax minimization, wealth replacement, gifting, key-person insurance, qualified plans, and non-qualified deferred compensation.
Consulting services range from conference calls and/or in-person meetings with our FAs and their individual clients, to conducting client seminars and training sessions for FAs, other our employees, and outside centers of influence, such as attorneys and tax advisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: Drafting, reviewing, and presenting detailed analyses of individual clients' estate plan and/or income tax situation by phone or in person.
: Consulting by phone, via email, and in person with our FAs and their individual clients.
: Consulting with clients' outside counsel and/or tax advisors to coordinate appropriate solutions for clients.
Marketing, Training, & Education
: Generating and maintaining client-facing and advisor-facing educational materials.
: Developing and presenting educational seminars for clients and internal training seminars for FAs.
: Educating FAs and clients with respect to relevant topics.
: Traveling as necessary (up to 50%).
- Ability to analyze and simplify complicated estate and tax planning situations to provide high quality solutions for clients of varying wealth profiles.
- Ability to explain estate and tax planning concepts in a manner that can be easily understood by clients.
- Strong Analytical skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field or equivalent work related experience
- Minimum Required: Juris Doctor or Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum Required: 5+ years of estate and/or tax planning experience
LICENSES AND CREDENTIALS
- Minimum Required: Series 7 and 66 (or 7, 63, and 65) required within first 6 months of employment
- Minimum Required: Life, Health, and Long-Term Care Insurance Licenses required within first 6 months of employment