Sr. Tax Accountant
Saint Louis, MO
Position Purpose: Assist indirect tax manager in preparing, reviewing and filing indirect taxes/fees for the company, including sales and use tax, property tax, unclaimed property, and certain incentives. Assist indirect tax manager in special indirect tax projects.
- Prepare monthly sales and use tax calculations. Oversee compliance performed by project coordinator. Reconcile accruals monthly.
- Oversee property tax outsourcing engagement, including gathering source data and coordinating with outsourcing partner. Prepare accrual entries/reconciliations. Prepare special property tax returns/ tax calculations.
- Oversee unclaimed property process and prepare combined filings.
- Assist in managing indirect tax audits.
- Perform research and special projects in indirect tax areas.
- Assist in identifying refund/ savings opportunities, including incentive reporting.
- Assist in streamlining and automating indirect tax function.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Accounting. 4+ years of accounting experience in public accounting or health care industry (tax experience preferred). Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access applications. Experience with PeopleSoft Asset Manager and Tax Stream preferred.
License/Certification: CPA preferred.