Sr. Professional, Accounting
Title: Sr. Professional, Accounting
Location: O'Fallon, MO (Main Campus)
Duration: Ends December 2018
- What will a typical work day look like for this contractor?
- 50% General Admin/Project work 50% GL Accounting & Support
- Resources to plug and play as needs come up.
- 1-2 medium sized business projects along filled in with daily accounting duties as the team identifies a need.
- What are the top 3 required technical skills?
- 1.Accounting Background
- 2.MS Office, including excel and Powerpoint
- 3.Projects and team-work
- What soft skills would you like to see in a candidate?
- Patience & positive attitude
- Self-Starter - ability to work through ambiguous scenarios
- Good understanding of Accounting and Data Analysis
Job Description Summary
The Special Projects - Accounting Role will support Accounting operations and assist Management with special projects and administrative activities. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an accounting environment and shared services functions.
: Do you want to be a part of a collaborative team environment?
: Are you able to work on multiple projects at once and are flexible to support a changing business?
: Are you willing to learn new processes and procedures?
: Do you have a background in Shared Services, Metrics, Governance, Project Management, Process Improvement, transformation or Audit?
Uses background in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, One Note, to document and build presentations and reference documentation.
Supports 2-3 small projects, including, but not limited to, data analysis, planning, documentation, research, and quality control testing.
Assists Managers with governance tasks and administrative activities.
Supports Accounting Operations as needed with journal entries, reconciliations and analyses in a floater capacity.
Minimum 3 years' experience of accounting/finance position with previous exposure in a large, global environment preferred
Working knowledge of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle and MS office software
Understanding of basic Accounting or Billing principles, concepts and logic
In addition to Accounting, Ideal candidate could have experiences in Shared Services, Metrics, Governance, Project Management, Process Improvement, Transformation or Audit.