Sr. International Tax Accountant
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for organizing, coordinating and reviewing data for accurate and timely completion of domestic and international tax projects. This position will serve as a key member of the Tax department working alongside the Global Tax Director and Senior Tax Manager with a focus on domestic and international tax compliance.
Uses independent judgment and exercises discretion in executing their duties. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality in all aspects of its nature.
1. Assist in the analysis and preparation of required tax filings; 1118, 5471, 8858, and 8865; related international tax compliance of the company's foreign entities, including earnings and profits calculations, GILTI, Subpart F, and determining associated taxes.
2. Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision (i.E., ASC 740) and of the income tax footnote, including maintenance of well-documented supporting work papers.
3. Assist on a wide range of federal, state and international tax planning, tax provision and tax compliance.
4. Respond to inquiries from regulatory authorities.
5. Working with third party tax preparers to assist in completion of domestic and international tax compliance.
6. Collaborates with internal departments and external consultants as required.
7. Assists and participates in mergers & acquisitions, and tax planning initiatives.
8. Act as project manager for special projects at the request of the tax management team.
9. Assist in Federal, State and International audit processes.
10. Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education (or Equivalent Experience):
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; CPA and/or Master's degree in Taxation preferred.
2. Minimum of 2 years of tax experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
1. Proficient in Oracle, Microsoft Excel and One Source.
2. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
3. Strong research skills; oral and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information.
4. Proficient with tax research software including BNA and RIA Checkpoint.
This position may require some travel.