St. Louis, MO
Sr. Accountant -
Specialty Inventory/Cost Accounting position within a general accounting department that requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally to research and resolve issues. Essential functions require the ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
This position will assist with departmental objectives, ensure proper internal controls and optimize efficiencies.
- Perform month end close process workflow. Includes ability to summarize, journalize and analyze monthly inventory activity related to Accredo Specialty pharmacies. Perform monthly reconciliation of Specialty Inventory General Ledger Accounts to the perpetual system balances. Research and resolve any discrepancies, and explain fluctuations. Ensure internal controls are implemented and recommend process improvements.
- Prepare month end actuals reporting for FP&A and Operations stakeholders.
- Prepare and analyze variances to trend related to product margin. Utilize RxHome reporting, Business Objects and Essbase to research & communicate inventory purchasing trends, Cost of Goods Sold anomalies, and drug profitability drivers.
- Collaborate with IT, Specialty Fulfilment and Materials Management team to identify process improvement opportunities and control gaps within existing work flow and implement process improvements
- Assist internal and external auditors with monthly, quarterly and/or annual reviews
- Maintain workflow documentation and update Sarbanes Oxley narratives as appropriate
- Other projects/assignments as needed