Senior Manager, Accounting
St. Louis, MO
Why Is This a Great Opportunity?
Fortune 500 company has a newly created and highly visible position available. Work with extremely bright professionals and become a Subject Matter Expert. Terrific benefits including 100% tuition reimbursement with NO maximum!
: Support the Directors of Accounting and the Chief Accounting Officer in providing leadership to ensure Company's accounting reflects the economic substance of transactions and complies with all required accounting standards, rules and regulations.
: Anticipate changes and closely monitor and analyze accounting standards as proposed or issued by Standards Setters (e.G., FASB, SEC); prepare comment letters for submittal of Company's positions regarding proposed standards.
: Ultimately develop plans to operationalize new standards, and together with Accounting Directors and other Corporate resources, execute implementation of final rules globally throughout the Company's Business Units, including development of related Corporate Policies and Procedures.
: Maintain, update, develop and keep current the Company's formal set of Corporate Policies and Procedures for worldwide distribution. As needed, work with Corporate Treasury, Tax, Development, Legal, other Corporate functions, the Business Units, and external auditors to analyze transactions and document and implement the appropriate accounting.
: Undergraduate degree in accounting; CPA required.
: 6 plus years of accounting experience with at least several years at a public accounting firm or in a financial reporting role. The candidate must have a strong theoretical and technical background in U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Experience in both a public accounting environment and a multidivisional corporate accounting environment is preferred.
DETAILED FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
: Provide leadership in all operations of the Corporate Accounting Department and support to the Directors of Accounting and Chief Accounting Officer, and assist in fulfilling the responsibility for the oversight of Company's worldwide accounting.
: Closely monitor emerging accounting standards (e.G., FASB, EITF and SEC standards) and advise management concerning their impact on Company. Formulate Company's response to proposed accounting standards.
- Develop implementation plans for final standards, including appropriate Corporate Policies & Procedures, as well as system changes, education of Business Units.
: Train and educate Business Unit personnel on the application of US GAAP and Company Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Travel to existing Business Unit locations and new acquisitions to work with local accounting personnel and resolve accounting issues and educate Business Units, including how to operationalize accounting guidance to comply with technical standards and best practices.
- Develop, assist and encourage accounting personnel throughout the Company.
: Develop presentations for periodic Controllers Conferences and training materials to operationalize technical accounting standards and educate Business Unit through individual Business Unit communications and meetings as appropriate.
: Maintain, update and keep current the Company's formal set of Corporate Policies and Procedures for worldwide distribution. Design, develop and implement new accounting procedures and practices in coordination with Company's Business Units. Provide accounting guidance to Business Unit accounting personnel.
- Ensure that the Company's and Business Unit's accounting policies comply with all required accounting standards.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of accounting theory and practice and how Company policies and practices are in compliance with same.
: Research and interpret generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting practices and advise management of their implications to proposed and completed business transactions.
- Analyze the financial, economic, and tax implications of proposed and completed business transactions and determine and document appropriate accounting. Lead or participate in formal and informal technical reviews and discussions, evaluating or interpreting theoretical accounting issues. Clear positions with internal or external auditors and document.
: Assist as needed in the preparation and documentation for quarterly and annual external financial reporting, and assist in execution of internal controls over financial reporting, including disclosure controls and procedures, and other aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
: Complete, or coordinate the completion of, special projects as assigned by the Chief Accounting Officer.