Paralegal - Wealth Management
Saint Louis, MO
Estate & Tax Planning Services covers topics such as simple and complex financial planning, estate planning, tax planning, charitable planning, business continuation and succession planning, and personal trust planning.
Specific issues covered include strategies for concentrated positions, equity-based compensation, asset protection, multi-generational wealth transfer, federal and state death tax minimization, wealth replacement, gifting, key-person insurance, qualified plans, and non-qualified deferred compensation.
The Associate assists in drafting detailed analyses of individual clients' estate plan and/or income tax situation and creating client-approved marketing materials and internal reference materials. The Associate also helps members of the Estate & Tax Planning Services team prepare for conference calls and presentations individual clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: Strategic Solutions
- Reviewing and summarizing income tax returns and estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney.
- Researching federal and state issues relating to estate planning, estate administration, fiduciary income tax, estate tax, and/or income tax.
- Providing daily operational support, as necessary.
: Marketing, Training, & Education
- Assisting with creation and maintenance of internal reference materials relating to federal and state estate planning and income tax planning matters.
- Assisting with the preparation of marketing materials, including informational pieces and PowerPoint presentations.
- Working as part of a team with the Wealth Strategist Manager, Senior Wealth Strategists, Wealth Strategists, other Estate & Tax Specialists, and Estate & Tax Associates to continue the development and direction of our Estate & Tax Planning Services.
- Taking direction from the Wealth Strategist Manager, Senior Wealth Strategists, and Wealth Strategists.
- Assisting with the guidance and mentoring of Estate & Tax Associates.
- Basic understanding of relevant estate and tax planning concepts.
- Ability to communicate estate and tax planning concepts in a manner that can be easily understood by financial advisors and clients.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus with relationship building skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field or 2+ years of estate and/or tax planning experience (including paralegal, administrative assistant, etc.)
- Preferred Experience: 5+ years of estate and/or tax planning experience (including paralegal, administrative assistant, etc.)
LICENSES AND CREDENTIALS
- Required: None
- Preferred: Paralegal Certificate
- Opportunity to Obtain: Series 7, Series 66, and Life, Health, and Long-Term Care Insurance - - - - Licenses