Manager, Audit and Financial Reporting
St. Louis, MO
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Opportunity to join one of the 25 largest privately owned companies in St. Louis who has plans to double in size over the next 3-5 years through acquisitions. This role reports directly to the Corporate Controller with significant exposure to the CFO and top management. They offer a competitive compensation package, 10-15% bonus and strong career growth potential.
The Manager directs the annual financial audit affairs of the organization and prepares financial analysis of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Manager is responsible for the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position involves supervision over general accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, budgetary controls and payroll.
1. Develops, analyzes, and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
2. Maintains the company's system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
3. Prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
4. Performs tax planning and complies with all federal, state and local, corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
5. Furnishes internal reports. Revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient. Furnishes external reports as necessary.
6. Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
7. Coordinates the provision of information to external auditors for annual and financial institution audit.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related filed with a concentration in Accounting. Public accounting experience required.
2. 5-8 years of financial management experience in progressively responsible positions
3. Strong knowledge of and adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
4. Experience with financial statement reporting and presentation
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills
6. Initiative, self-motivated and self-directed
7. Knowledge of basic principles and practices State and Federal employment laws and regulations.
8. Continuous improvement mindset - always looking to improve performance of the team and processes of the department and company.
9. Commodities and hedging experience preferred.