Financial Business Analyst
Why Is This a Great Opportunity?
This organization recently moved into a brand new building with a cafe and gym. There will be lots of opportunity for advancement, they have a great collaborative culture, and offer terrific benefits including 3 weeks vacation and up to a 9% match on the 401k.
The candidate will display a strong focus in understanding the needs of the Finance Community especially in the realm of financial reporting requirements as it pertains to proper understanding of accounting, regulatory and trading activity. The candidate will work accordingly to satisfy business requests working towards appropriate effective solutions. Efforts will be directed to gain functional knowledge of current systems and finance system processes/configuration so as to recommend and implement changes for continued efficiency and effective performance of downstream systems impacted by bank wide source feeders in order to maintain correct financial data utilized by different reporting groups. This candidate, a Functional Business Analyst, translates user requirements into an efficient and maintainable regional working Finance Systems applications under the supervision of the Regional Head, Manager. The job additionally entails working effectively with IT support for collaboration during project testing and reviews of overall continuity of project deliverables.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
: Recognizes potential problem situations and is able to analyze/reconcile data to arrive at logical conclusions and make sound business decisions.
: Create automated reconciliation processes for continued value added financial analysis.
: Review, Update, and maintain FSA workflows & procedures in Sharepoint site.
: Assist FSA departmental managers during testing of bank oriented or Finance initiative projects.
: Assists in a variety of company-wide projects as applicable during design analysis and testing phases.
: As part of project structure, the candidate will implement tactical solutions keeping project governance strategies intact, and mainly adhering to Regulatory standards and requirements, but at the same time maintaining Information Technology standards and best practices.
: Preparation of project documentation, project charts and workflows are part of project goal deliveries.
: Assists manager and other team members in providing research and training to users for effective use of Finance applications.
: Day to day maintenance of Financial Systems application inherent within the Finance Department.
: Complete all mandatory training
: Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
: Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
: Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
: Understands and complies with all anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
- Regulatory Reporting
- Technical and Core Systems Team
- GLOPs/PCG/MIS Finance Teams
Key Performance Indicators:
- Understand feeder data processing and its reconciliation processes from multiple Source Feeds and the impact it has to Finance Systems such as General Ledger and Regulatory Financial Systems Applications.
- Complete documentation process and changes relating to system workflows as part of project deliverables. Document progress, issues, and solutions from a Finance point of view and provide updates to line managers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to collaborate with others. Shares information and knowledge appropriately with co-workers.
- Reliably organizes work, works effectively and efficiently, prioritizes work and anticipates business timelines.
- Anticipates the customer's long and short term needs. Questions requests and choices made by the customer if requests are unwise. Makes proposals for best practical setups.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with co-workers. Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating work flow.
- Plans and organizes own work, uses time effectively, sets appropriate priorities, and meets deadlines.
- Updates managers on a timely basis. Communicates all matters of importance. Has skills in transmitting and receiving information orally and in writing with individuals or groups.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Accounting and finance background or equivalent experience with proven interest and skills in Information Technology from a functional programming perspective
- Adept to learning different source systems and analyzing impact other source systems have to Finance General Ledger(Knowledge Peoplesoft)
- An ability to train users in efficiently using
- Knowledge and proficiency in technical systems and functionality of Corporate Performance Management (CPM) softwares. An ability to train users in efficiently utilizing Finance systems.
- Strong analytical reasoning skills to understand users' requirements, transforming and creating own dataset programming builds into operational applications without compromise to control framework.