Saint Peters, MO
Why is this a Great Opportunity?
Opportunity to join an established stable St. Charles County company as part of the management team reporting directly to the General Manager & CEO. This job offers very reasonable work/life balance in a family friendly environment, as well as the opportunity to make an impact while leading the accounting/finance team.
* The controller position is accountable for the day to day accounting operations of the company, to include the production of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports.
* Perform account reconciliation, journal entries, accruals, and fixed asset management
* Manage Account Receivable and collections
* Management of banking, insurance, legal and outside CPA relationships
* Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company' s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
* The controller is also responsible for cash management and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operation strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
o Supervises: All accounting staff.
: Reports to: General Manager/CEO
Key Performance Measures for Controller Reviews:
: Five-day month end close
: Review of AR/AP and history of payments on time
: Reporting on various departments to analyze labor to equipment to sales, etc.
: Gross margins within the expectations of the CEO without exception
o Desired Qualifications:
* The controller candidate should have a bachelor' s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
: Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
* Ability to understand, and convert to, accrual accounting. Outstanding Excel skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks required.
* The ability to communicate financials issues to non-financial people and be a good listener to their needs.
* The ability to work independently after their introductory period.
* Experience (preferably) in a similar industry with similar issues - overtime, " piece-work" payroll, service related revenue, retail customers, etc.