Audit Project Manager - Corporate Trust
Saint Louis, MO
Audit Project Manager - Corporate Trust
The Corporate Audit Services Audit Project Manager is primarily responsible for supervising staff in the completion of audit engagements with minimal supervision from managers, however there are no direct reports. The Audit Project Manager is expected to monitor progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule, assess work performed by the audit engagement team, and provide coaching and on-the-job training for team members to ensure engagements are completed in conformance with internal audit policies and procedures.
1. Supervising audit staff in the completion of audit engagements, ensuring the highest quality work delivered timely.
: Assessing work performed by staff by providing coaching notes that are relevant to the scope, accuracy and completeness of work performed.
: Performing sufficient reviews to ensure work contains relevant facts to support audit scope and conclusions and adhere to internal audit policies and procedures.
: Reviewing issues to ensure potential exposures and significance are included, root causes are identified, and operationally effective and cost-effective actions to address those causes are developed into appropriate recommendations.
2. Completing or assisting managers in planning audit engagements. Includes identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and critical controls; interviewing auditees; determining audit scope; evaluating control design adequacy; and developing audit programs which provide sufficient guidance for testing control performance effectiveness and making evaluations which effectively achieve audit objectives.
3. Assisting the managers in reporting and wrap-up phases of audits. Includes appropriate disposition of issues and drafting audit reports which include issues.
4. Monitoring progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule. Includes making necessary adjustments and promptly completing work paper reviews on a timely basis to ensure all issues are identified and dispositioned prior to report draft issuance.
5. Providing on-the-job training for staff. Includes business knowledge of products, services, and delivery systems; company policies and procedures; applicable laws and regulations; and formal/informal control frameworks.
6. Collaborating across the three lines of defense regarding business processes, risks, and controls. Coordinating audit activities by integrating other internal audit subject matter teams (Information Technology, Anti-Money Laundering, Compliance, Risk Management, Treasury, etc.) to ensure appropriate and efficient coverage of the business products, services and processes. Managing the team' s workload to assist other audit teams when resources are needed for areas of higher risk.
7. Performing other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor' s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
1. Relevant Financial Service Industry knowledge (e.G., Regulatory Compliance, Lending, Operations, Trust, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act, and other Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
2. Relevant knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to personal trust, corporate trust, institutional trust, custody services, trust operations, broker dealer, and investment management (e.G. Reg 9, ERISA, TIA, SEC, FINRA, trust tax, etc.)
3. Thorough understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and the common definition of internal controls.
4. CIA, CPA, CFIRS (Certified Fiduciary Investment & Risk Specialists), CCTS (Certified Corporate Trust Specialist), CTFA (Certified Trust and Financial Advisor), CSOP (Certified Securities Operations Professional) or other relevant professional designation or advanced degree.
5. Engagement with industry groups (e.G., SIFMA, CANNON, FIRMA, etc.)
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
8. Proven leadership skills.
9. Proven adaptability to changing priorities.
10. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.