St. Louis, MO
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Opportunity to join one of the 25 largest privately owned companies in St. Louis who has plans to double in size over the next 3-5 years through acquisitions. This role is open because the incumbent is being promoted to a Staff Accountant position.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator enters daily financial transactions of the Company to insure the timely and accurate fulfillment of the financial obligations of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Enter invoices in the general ledger, prepare payments, and filing of paid invoice packets. (70%)
2. Assists with the completion of the month-end closing in a timely manner by making sure all transactions in a given month are entered into the system. (10%)
3. Identify transactions that do not comply with the Company' s policies and escalate to the appropriate manager. (5%)
4. Answers questions from peers and other departments (5%)
5. Communication with internal and external suppliers/customers (5%)
6. Other general accounting duties, as assigned (5%)
Required - High School Diploma
Desired Associates Degree
3. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Solid computer entry skills
Solid attention to detail skills
Solid Math skills
Ability to adjust to changing priorities
Good communication skills